- 4 chicken breasts, pounded thin
- McCormick Steak seasoning
- Butter and olive oil
- 4 Tbs. sun dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 1.5 cups brown rice (I use Ancient Grains which is a mixture of rice, quinoa and other grains)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 bunch curly kale, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, choppedIn a
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
For the Chicken:
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the seasoning.
- In a pan over medium heat add butter and olive oil.
- When starting to sizzle add the chicken breasts (may have to do in 2 batches).
- When done, top each with the sun dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
For the Veggie Rice:
- Prepare the rice or ancient grains according to package directions, using stock.
- In a pan over medium heat add olive oil.
- Add pepper and saute a few minutes, then shallots and garlic.
- When softened, add all of the kale – it will wilt down quickly.
- Stir and saute, adding more oil if necessary, until cooked through.
- Add 1/3 cup stock, cover and simmer a few minutes.
- Pour prepared rice into the veggies and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken over the rice mixture.