Ok, not that I wanna brag….but we’ve been regularly dining on and feeding the charcuterie board to company in my house for over 20 years! I mean:
- You don’t even have to turn on the oven or the stove;
- ‘Picking’ has always been a group favorite;
- You’ve got dinner and dessert all on a board.
It’s a no brainer! I’ve found this meal is especially popular with ‘girls night’ get-togethers. Uncork a few of your favorite wine bottless and maybe some bubble water and you’re set. And let’s face it, 9 times out of 10 times you already have half the ingredients in your fridge or pantry. As a rule of thumb, I always keep several hunks of cheese and salami slices in the chill drawer, dried fruits, nuts and chocolate goodies in the pantry and some quality crackers in the cupboard. Those cracker crumbs will occasionally find their way into my bed sheets…I wonder how that happens??
After noticing charcuterie boards making a real uptick on my instagram feed, I decided to make one that includes all of my very own go-to favorites. They include:
- A wedge of bleu (my all time fave, especially if served with wine)
- X-sharp Cheddar
- A quality Stilton flecked with any dried fruit
- A soft goat cheese a/k/a Chevre
- Genoa Salame, or any quality Salami
- Chub Chianti Salami, cut thick
- Anything colorful like apples, pears, pomegranate, grapes, kiwi
(If you slice them, sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent discoloration)
- Cherries, apricots, figs, dates
- Cashews, almonds, walnuts
- I used sweet potato crackers and pita chips
- If you use bread, make sure they’re small slices and delicious Artisan
- Anything chocolate. (Then there’s no need to make dessert)
Here I used Chocolate Caramel Crunch Medallions. I always put some type of chocolate on my Board since I usually serve it with wine…and nothing goes better with wine than chocolate!
So there you have it, my favorite charcuterie board. Hmm…there’s actually not much charcuterie on it, but that’s OK. That’s the way I like it and that’s how you should assemble your board, just the way you like it!